The people at Skype are incapable of handling even something as simple as updating a credit card. Three times I tried to do this, going online and using chat to get "help" from their tech agents.

Each time I was given directions that had nothing to do with what was on screen. Each time I was given contradictory information. Each time, the update failed (including one where the tech went into the account remotely and said he'd fixed it. Each time I was given disingenuous corporate-speak and condescended to.

And each time I wasted over an hour in the process. The only thing that Skype and its parent company Microsoft are apparently good at is insulating their management from the complaints of the customers they're screwing over. When I phoned their toll-free "customer service" number, the prompts were irrelevant and unresponsive, and when I finally did reach a human, he put me right back into the voicemail *** loop all over again.

Einstein once said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. By this definition, Skype is insane – as is anyone who uses them instead of a cell phone.

Review about: Skype Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Robotic problem non-solving, Condescending, Cannot handle simple credit card update, Inept.

Comments